Thursday, January 5, 2012

Light Paintng

I want to do this soooooo much - I look at all the wonderful orbs others are creating and I am green with jealousy. One day I am going to do it. In the meantime I might start with this simple light painting, it seems simple enough to do: (this was posted by AccidntlTourist on flickr)

Light Painting

lp-3-19-11-014-a

- pre-focused; manual
- set exposure for 30 seconds (f3.5)
- wide angle - 14mm
- laid camera on floor, lens facing up
- suspended a flashlight on a string above the camera and swung it in a circle while slowly pulling it up

1) - I turned out the lights.

2) - I stood on a chair above my camera and, as I recall (its been ten months), I began a wide circling with the suspended flashlight - pulling it upward as the circles, centrifically, became smaller and smaller. I think the flashlight moved slower as I raised it - so you see the beam brighter, yet narrower in width.

3) - Sorry, I don't remember - I think I pre-focused (manually) on something at a distance of about four feet.

Light painting is a lot of fun, I only dabbled in it for a short while (couple weeks).

Playing with light painting
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uBhxec2sM0&NR=1
is only a "hop, skip and jump" away form learning a lot about light in regards to photography and some serious creativity (not like mine) - layering lighting treatments - painting (in another sense) with light:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8xgM3m44AU&context=C3269393A...

No comments:

Post a Comment